Team Rubicon UK is seeking a Finance and Administration Manager. This is a full-time, permanent role based at our headquarters in Chilmark, with flexible working available. The role reports to the CEO and Executive Team.
The Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for the efficient control of Team Rubicon UK’s financial resources, administrative systems and back office processes, to contribute to the effective delivery of the charity’s overall objectives.
- Manage the charity’s financial affairs, including management and statutory accounts together with financial projections and to ensure that the most efficient and effective financial control systems and reporting mechanisms are in place.
- Prepare quarterly management accounts and projections and other relevant reports, in consultation with the Chairman, Honorary Treasurer and CEO.
- Ensure the Charity’s compliance with all relevant Charity Commission, Companies House and HMRC requirements.
- Supervise the production of regular salary payments and records, National Insurance and pension contributions in accordance with HMRC requirements.
- Deal with the company’s bank in respect of payments and receipts. To ensure that all bank accounts and credit card statements are regularly reviewed and reconciled.
- Efficiently manage all finance, and to ensure that all the charity’s income and expenditure is correctly authorised and accounted for.
- Coordinate the preparation of the year-end financial accounts for audit and to liaise with the Honorary Company Secretary and Auditors prior to sign-off; submit returns to the Charities Commission and Companies House.
- Ensure the overall smooth running of the charity’s internal administration and its cost-effectiveness.
- Manage, in conjunction with the CEO, staff contracts and HR matters.
- Manage personnel procedures in relation to recruitment, training, holidays and appraisals, ensuring these are properly documented.
- Travel to minute board meetings and provide on-site IT support and general assistance.
- Manage and direct all general enquiries, and handle them directly when appropriate.
- Assist the CEO with diary and travel arrangements.
- Handle people and information with good humour, discretion, judgement and tact.
- Liaise with stakeholders at every level, including trustees, volunteers and donors.
A full person specification may be found in the application pack available below.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) which must include English and Maths
- Relevant account qualification / experience
- Minimum three years in a similar or related role
- Experience of relevant charity accounting
- Understanding of budgets and reporting processes
- Solid experience in database use and management
- Experience of HR administration processes
- Experience of working with a diverse range of staff and volunteers
- Outstanding level IT skills including all Microsoft Office applications, Google Apps, and Box
- Proven ability to effectively manage own time
- Comfortable dealing with people at every level
- Salary £35,000 pa negotiable based upon experience
- Application pack - Finance and Administration Manager (pdf)
- Application form (doc)
- Equal opportunities monitoring form (doc)
Complete the application form (and the equal opportunities monitoring form should you wish to) and return it to [email protected].
The closing date for applications is midnight 20 August 2017.