Do you want to do something with purpose?
Are you looking for a way to use your skills for good and to work for an organisation that is genuinely trying to make the world a better place? Are you looking to be part of a team where everything you do will help further the mission and get people lifesaving aid when they need it most?
Oh, and are you an experienced, proactive Finance Manager?
Then look no further… We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our small team working 3-4 days per week, or flexible hours for 5 days a week, based in our HQ in Chilmark, Wiltshire.
We are very focused on getting the right person to fit into our small team, someone who shares the same ethos and values. So, if this job appeals to you and you like the sound of what we stand for, make sure you apply even if you haven’t got every experience listed below.
Team Rubicon UK (TRUK) is a dynamic disaster response charity that deploys agile response teams anywhere in the world in the aftermath of natural disasters. Our USP is our people. The majority of our volunteer base is made up of ex-military and we harness the range of skills and experience they have honed in demanding and sometimes hostile environments. They bring a unique ‘can do’ mindset coupled with a physical and mental resilience which allows us to send teams into challenging locations. We mobilise quickly to provide immediate life support for disaster survivors, help create order in the chaos and get aid out to remote, isolated communities, going wherever the need is greatest and reaching places other NGOs cannot or will not go.
Team Rubicon UK currently relies on a donor led funding model. Transparency is massively important to us as a charity and accounts are key to our credibility and the trust donors place in us. That’s where you come in.
– Provision of monthly and annual reports, budgets, plans and forecasts including quarterly financial reports to the Trustees Board
– Production of robust monthly accounts on Xero
– Detailing of expenses through Expensify
– Reconciling the four held bank accounts and numerous income streams
– Supporting the preparation of cost estimates for operational response and resilience deployments
– Tracking operational expenditure when teams are deployed
– Analysing and suggesting improvements to current systems, structures and processes
– Ensuring all accounting of costs and income is in accordance with any external regulations, ensure compliance with business and financial controls whilst keeping up to date with legislative changes
– Working with and responding to enquiries from external auditors
– Running payroll
– Making Gift Aid claims
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
– At least 4-5 years’ experience with proven knowledge of Xero software.
– Previous knowledge of charity finance in order to be comfortable with the complexity of income streams and Gift Aid claims.
– Ability to make sound judgement calls, to manage competing priorities and work independently.
– Attention to detail and an accurate and careful approach to work.
– A belief in what TRUK does and its ethos and values.
– Familiarity with Receipt Bank and Expensify would be preferable but not essential as training can be given.
Although we’re growing, you’ll be the sole day to day focus for finance matters, working closely with the rest of a small HQ including the Operations team and the fundraisers.
Benefits include 25 days holiday entitlement, an excellent pension scheme, working in a dog friendly office and most importantly, working with a passionate and committed team who enjoy rubbish jokes and good cake.
Salary up to £25,000 – £30,000 pro rata depending on experience